Cool things about Electronic Enlightenment
EE is always here for you...
- You don't have to worry about opening hours: we're always open
- You won't find that the letters you need have been checked out by someone else
- You don't have to arrange for reserve books to be delivered to reading rooms
- You won't have us nag you about overdue materials, or have to pay fines
- You're welcome to have a coffee & a muffin while you work!
EE is better than print — it's not fixed in type...
- It gets bigger every time you look — new letters & biographies are added regularly
- It gets richer every time you look — internal & external connections are added regularly
- It gets more accurate every time you look — corrections are made easily & quickly
- It gets smarter & easier for you to use — you help us develop & enhance it!
EE is next-generation digitization...
- We don't do page images — our content is keyed in full text for you
- We don't do OCR — our content is analyzed by a scholarly editorial team
- We don't do static web pages — our database-driven site allows more complex searches & growing functionality!
EE is a scholarly resource you can rely on...
- 18th-century content is researched, verified & expanded by 21st-century academics
- Tens of thousands of primary documents in original languages, with explanatory notes
- Hundreds of links to other online scholarly resources
- A vivid picture of the Enlightenment period, adding scholarly context to famous figures and events!
In one location you can...
- Dip into the lives of “unimportant” correspondents, who previously received just a passing mention
- Create a group of correspondence between writers with a single click
- Browse hundreds of occupations & nationalities, thousands of letters & documents
- Navigate from biographies to correspondents to letters with ease
- Have your say, adding your own information to existing biographies & metadata!
© Electronic Enlightenment Project, Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford, 2008–2017. All rights reserved.
Distributed by Oxford University Press
legal | privacy | home